Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Plait



Beautiful woven textiles from Jennifer Pellman of Plait.


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Plait napkins are a bit of handmade, everyday luxury inspired by a love of tasting and cooking. They’re 100% cotton, soft, and machine washable. I hand weave them in small batches in my home studio. I leave the natural selvedges as the finished edges on two sides of a napkin – a feature rarely revealed in commercially produced textile products. There’s no separation between design and structure in woven fabric. I find this fascinating - and central to my design decisions. I love simple, clean designs combined with hand-made qualities, a tradition that can be traced at least to the Bauhaus. I want people to enjoy and use them as much as I enjoy weaving them.



Plait

Madison, WI

www.plait-textiles.com

www.plait.etsy.com

jpellman@plait-textiles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!