Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Up in the Air Somewhere



Susan Dwyer of Up in the Air Somewhere is "a Chicago based maker of things."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Over the last year I have begun creating a line of housewares inspired by the beautiful forms found in industrial architecture. Water towers, warehouses, factories, and silos are abundant in Chicago and endlessly fascinating to me. Although I work in different mediums (paper maché, ceramic, fiber, etc.), my work has always been primarily focused on volume and form rather then ornamentation and surface. The simplicity and utility of the Midwestern landscape is a constant influence on my work.





Up in the Air Somewhere
upintheairsomewhere.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!