Monday, July 7, 2008

Backyard Bikes, Whitewater WI




Quaint old time-y general store meets a great bike shop. Backyard Bikes/The General Store is just a couple of miles from the Kettle Moraine biking/hiking trails in Wisconsin. They sell a variety of high end bikes and biking gear.

Don't have a bike but still want to spend the day riding around picturesque southern Wisconsin? You can rent bikes from them! Buy a trail pass while you're there and ride around some of the scenic trails on a lovely summer day. When it gets cold and snowy, as it inevitably will here in Wisconsin, they will rent you skis and snowshoes instead.


In addition to the bikes, the General Store carries everything else you might need. Homemade sandwiches and soups, wine, beer, candles, Alterra coffee, lip balm, all sorts of things.

Backyard Bikes and LaGrange General Store
W6098 Hwy 12
Whitewater WI 53190
262-495-8600

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to stop in here on my way home but just haven't. I love all of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and by home i mean when i go home to IL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realize this is from a while ago, but I was Googling photos of this place when I came upon this picture. That's my handwriting on the smoothie board. For all I know, I made you a sandwich that day, because I worked there all through college.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!