Tuesday, September 30, 2008

k studio, Grand Rapids MI



Shelly Klein of k studio
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
My background and education are in painting and drawing but I stumbled upon embroidery and fell in love with stitching. Now my painting imagery feeds my textile work and stitches have made their way into my paintings.

I founded the k studio product line with my mother, Mary Klein, in 2004. Since then we have enjoyed lots of press, loyal retailers, and have had a lovely time working together. We occasionally take a break from our work for a quick game of computer scrabble.





I saw k studio's booth at Renegade and loved it. It was the most put together booth I've seen. Amidst torrential downpours and flooding stood their perfectly serene little space. It was very impressive.

k studio
k studio on etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!