Sunday, October 25, 2009

AppleBerry Farm



Are you all ready for Halloween?? Costumes chosen, jack-o-lanterns carved? And the candy! I got some of my favorites this year: Twix, Starburst and Tootsie Rolls. I like to way overestimate how many bags of candy are actually needed for the handful of kids that come by to trick or treat.





This weekend was also a perfect pumpkin picking time. Off we went to the AppleBerry Farm in Cross Plains, WI to get some apples, pumpkins, bratwurst, cider and doughnuts. I wish I could say I've been able to show any restraint whatsoever around those cinnamon donuts, but that would be a complete lie. I am also thinking of following up all of the doughnuts with this soon.



Aside from all of the tasty treats, the AppleBerry Farm is a fun stop because they have a chicken coop! Last year, I found out that chickens love dandelion greens so I love to stick little pieces through the wire and watch them gobble it up. This little guy just discovered that actually he can reach the dandelions on his own and he doesn't need me at all.



And then there was the chicken on a balance beam act, also well worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!