Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chicago



While visiting my family this weekend, I managed to squeeze in a few hours in Chicago proper. It had been way too long since I was able to get into the city. Ofcourse, there was lunch at Milk and Honey. I also poked my head into a few favorite shops in the Ukranian Village and Wicker Park, like Penelope's and Habit. I was pretty excited to have found a new winter hat at Untitled. It was sad to see lots of boutiques had closed though, including Hejfina. I guess the recession hit pretty hard in that area?

Then it was off to Union Station to board a Metra train out to the suburbs. The mostly empty Saturday train is always a relaxing ride. I love those few moments where the interior of the train goes dark as it pulls away from the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!