Sunday, April 25, 2010

Of Salads and Sundays


It's a chilly, rain-soaked day here in Madison. The perfect Sunday to stay inside in my studio, working with the new machine. It has been a little frustrating at times but I'm hoping to make some more progress this afternoon. Maybe after a cup of tea.

During a little lunch break, I made a salad with the hopes of making up for a decadent dinner at Eldorado last night. I tried this dressing for the first time today and liked it, so I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Grapefruit vinaigrette
1/4 cup pink grapefruit juice
1 TB rice vingear (I bet a fruity one would be tasty too)
1 tsp minced shallots (I actually used freeze dried ones from Penzeys)
2 TB olive oil
Salt

Shake it all up, add salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!