Friday, March 28, 2008

Sarah Jo





Michigan based crafter Sarah Jo
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
My name is Sarah Jo. I have lived in Michigan my whole life and am currently living in Grand Rapids which has a lovely arts and crafts scene. I like to go all around the state and region and participate in arts and crafts shows, it's a great way to spend the summer and you can meet people who are making interesting work. Last year the Renegade Craft show in Chicago was a really nice opportunity to get exposure to the big city masses.

The clothes I make are designed to be casual, comfortable and unique. I make mostly one of a kind pieces but also take custom orders. I love to make clothing for people because I enjoy the actual work of sewing and serging away. I also think that it is important for people to retain the skills of making handmade goods, participate in local economies and have local alternatives to the big business exploitation and fake high fashion snobbery.



Sarah Jo
www.joclothing.etsy.com
www.sarahjoy.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!