Sunday, March 9, 2008

Vella Cafe, Chicago IL



Tucked away near the Western Ave. blue line el stop is Vella Cafe. On a Saturday morning, it was full but we were able to sit down without much trouble, which scores a lot of points with me. I am not the most patient person when waiting for my breakfast. Or any meal really. Or in traffic. Or in line at the grocery store. But I digress... suffice it to say...waiting is not my favorite activity.

The food was delicious. I had a crepe with proscuitto, goat cheese and fig jam. The sweet and salty flavors were perfect together. I also sampled the Amaranth pancakes and can give those the go ahead also.

And the staff was ever so courteous. A most enjoyable breakfast.







I also really enjoyed the decoration of cardinals among twigs. The red colors against the frosted glass was lovely.

Vella Cafe
1912 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
773-489-7777
vellacafe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!