Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer eating


I've been making an effort to not do as much cooking this summer. I'm trying more assembling meals of in-season foods from the farmers market. I spend a lot of time during the winter planning out every meal so I'm trying to use summer for culinary ad libbing. One of my favorite meals so far has been fresh crusty bread with shaved parmesan topped with slow roasted tomatoes. Heavenly, I tell you.

I have also been making salads out of random combinations of vegetables, which is way more fun that using lettuce. This time I cut up sugar snap peas and tiny zucchini. For the dressing, I used some Buttermilk dressing mix from Penzey's mixed with plain yogurt. Worked like a charm. Almost tastes like ranch dressing but isn't too bad for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!