Sunday, June 27, 2010

Travels, Part 2



Moving further up the river to Dubuque Iowa! I was just driving through Dubuque but did stop for a couple of photos and a coffee at Jitterz, which it turns out has the best customer service of any coffeeshop I've ever been to. The barista was so great and I swear she knew everyone by name. Except for the out of towners like me.

My final destination was Galena, IL. For those of you unfamiliar with Galena, it is in one of the prettiest areas of Illinois, in the northwest corner near the Mississippi River. If you visit, bring your bike so you can really appreciate the scenery. Just make sure it isn't a fixed gear, because wow are there some crazy hills. Galena also certainly has no shortage of antique stores and icecream shops, because really isn't that what vacation is all about? Yum.







And to top it off, a hot air balloon show!



1 comment:

  1. Hi! It's so exciting to read about your travels, knowing that one day I will get to do the same (i've learned that everything is eventual, even if it takes years to get to...).

    Do you usually take your trips solo? That's something I have been wanting to do. I have a plan for next spring when Joe is on business trips. :)

    Hope your summer is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!