Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trail mix


Last week a friend of mine was in town for a few days and much fun was had. A lot of the itinerary involved eating delicious food and drinking wine, perhaps sometimes to excess. So after many days of indulgence, this week I really had to try to reign things back in.

I don't just pack a lunch for my days at work, I really fill a sack full of food. I need my mid morning snack, my lunch, my sweet thing for after lunch, my afternoon snack, etc. So, yeah, lots of snacks. I do at least try to make them healthy ones whenever possible. I made this trail mix to bring along this week and it's really done the trick.

1 cup multi grain Cheerios
1 cup All Bran cereal
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup roasted, salted edamame beans
1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts

Mix it all together! Pretty easy, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Heartland. I love hearing from each and every one of you!